I suggest you ...

Create an option to save several of your own favorite custom sound combinations

I like to create my own layered sounds, but it would be nice to be able to save them to my phone for future use. For example: My Sleep Mix and My Meditation Mix

138 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Elise shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stephanie Goldie commented  · 

Chris, I cannot wait till beta testing is complete for our ability to save our custom mixes...

I have a request and hope that it will be possible for us to be able to layer/combine more than 8 sound blocks at a time. I realize there has to be a cap for proper performance of the app, but maybe 12-15 sound blocks at a time is doable? With the 8, I have to go back and forth sacrificing one thing for another making changes and being just shy of my ideal mix.... and just a few more blocks would be perfect!

Any beta tests going on for that, or is there maybe an option setting that I am overlooking that provides this in the app/plugin?

Thank you,
        Stephanie Goldie

• rainabba commented  · 

I can't figure out what you mean by "write us at support" but I'd like in on the beta.

• Elise commented  · 

So last night is when I really needed the save option.... I accidentally hit the wrong button when going to sleep and reset my customized sleep mix back to the default simplicity sounds. :'(

Jake, where is this wonderful new Holy Grail of save options that is "in the works?" I love the Lightening Bug app and the plugins and couldn't live w/out it! I've just been waiting for an awful long time for this and am eagerly anticipating the news of an update!

Patiently Yours,

Elise

• Anonymous commented  · 

LB already saves any changes u make to its predefined themes so there's no need to recreate ur favs each time, but remembering which theme/screen they're under is the tricky part; it would be awesome if we could rename some of the screens to make finding our customized sounds easier.

• Sven Svensson commented  · 

Jake: Would it be possible to add a function to upload and download custom scenes as well?
        Eventually your own imagination will run out. Would be lovely to download others work.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would like this ability as well. Great product. By far the best I have ever tested and used. I even used to make my own loops back in the day to last for 8 hours or more and play them back on my iPod.

• Julie commented  · 

I would love to be able to save my custom sounds as well!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

YES! I would like to save my sound mixes (including volume settings etc.) to be able to load up later.

• Brad commented  · 

Similar but this sounds like it is saving and loading 'sound setups' that would make it easy to apply sounds to a scene. Not really separating sounds from backgrounds but could be an effective means to the same end! (And wouldn't have to re-write as much of the base code! :))

• Nicole commented  · 

This is a lot like Brad's idea "Separate Background Images from Sounds." I added there, "Having personal themes that you could save is a great idea. I'd like to add if it doesn't work as an "area," maybe it could be implemented as its own "pack." So for example instead of "Jungle Pack" you have "My Pack" or something, with "blanks" that you could customize with images, sounds, and titles."

Feedback and Knowledge Base